Defense attorney Steve Levine says officer body-cam video shows an officer planting drugs on his client. The shocking video shows an on-duty officer leaning down, picking up a small plastic baggie from the ground and placing it in his client's wallet.
Click for FULL press coverage
CBS2 News reported on exclusive body-cam footage obtained by investigative reporter David Goldstein that Shields’ defense attorney said shows an officer planting a small bag of cocaine in Shields’ wallet during the incident. Asked whether CBS2’s reporting had anything to do with the plea agreement, Shields’ defense attorney Steve Levine said: “This case blew up, and you were out there asking lots of hard questions to a lot of people, and it was the video that showed the mishandling of evidence. So, of course, it might have had something to do with it.” For video coverage -- CLICK HERE or image above for CBS2 video report.
- What Should You Do?
- If you are in custody, call the person you trust most, and then have him or her call me, immediately. Time is critical at this point. You have rights and I will be able to exercise those rights for you.
- For example, my bail bond company, Chickie’s Bail Bonds, has been in the business for 40 years. They work 24 hours a day and know how the system works, inside and out, and they fully understand that no case is too big or too small if you are in custody. You'll get out quickly at a small fraction of your stated bail amount.
- If you are out of custody, time is still of the essence, as there are things I can do for you prior to the filing of the case, and prior to your first listed court date. For example, we may want to hire an investigator to examine the alleged crime scene or talk to or find potential witnesses, and I may want to talk to the police or prosecutor.
- Accordingly, once we meet, we'll review the circumstances of your case and begin to get your legal matter under control. This is no time for unsteady hands. Call as soon as you learn you are in legal trouble. I'll begin the steps that are needed immediately. The legal clock is ticking..
- 'What information should I have ready?'
- Click here for a list of items we'll need to get started on your case. I am here for you.
- Steve Levine
Need a Criminal Defense Attorney in Los Angeles, California including Hollywood and Beverly Hills? Search Expungement Attorney Los Angeles for advice? Get a defense lawyer specializing in all aspects of criminal defense law, including serious felony and misdemeanor crimes. The Los Angeles Criminal Law Firm of Steve Levine - As a California Super Lawyer, Steve Levine specializesas an expungement attorney in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills, and his firm represents clients charged with a host of serious crimes involving the most difficult to defend, including:
- attempted murder
- body cam evidence
- evidence planting
- LAPD officer corruption
- drug possession and sales
- gun possession
- grand theft
- all types of white-collar crimes
- When you need an experienced defense attorney in Los Angeles, we can help:
- What do I do if I just got into a car accident
- What do I do if I accidentally killed somebody
- What do I do if I accidentally shot somebody
- What do I do if I just got arrested
- What do I do if I need a lawyer
- I've been arrested
- I've been charged
- I'm being charged with a crime I did not commit
- I've been arrested. What do I do?
The Law Office of Steve Levine is a full-service criminaldefense law firm that is uniquely suited to assist you when you have pressing legal troubles. We are ready and able to assist you in serious criminal matters and have wide experience with the criminal and civil court systems in California. Defense Attorney for Beverly Hills, Century City, Brentwood, Santa Monica and the West Side - Los Angeles, California.
If you legal advice on your case, please call Steve Levine on the Defense Lawyer Hotline (310) 497-1974.
State Supreme Court Review Process - California State Supreme Court - Steve Levine
For Non-Flash Computers & Ipads, Iphones, Tablets - Text Readers & Older Browsers
- Can I Expunge My Records?
- An expungement (also called a “dismissal”) is a way of cleaning up your adult record that limits the information that shows up on a background check. It can also relieve you of some of the consequences of a conviction.
- I am well-versed in the process of expungement of court records related to applicable crimes and can assist you in following the intricate process that will work to your advantage in the California Courts system. I can begin by reviewing your entire record and help to determine what relief might be available to you. In the case of especially complicated petitiions, you want someone who is experienced and on your side to handle the process properly.
- The Steven Levine Law Offices can assist you with the petitions, motions and declarations, (possible waved fees), and assistance with declarations in court, arguing your case for the dismissal/expungement should that be required. Bear in mind, some cases do not allow for an expungement, so contact me regarding your case so that I might assist in determining the next steps available to you and how to best to begin the process.
- Don't put off any longer getting your legal record expunged and moving towards getting your life back. Call me today to discuss your case and we can go from there.